Fuse blowing and bulb holder

for our overseas visitors
Plaats reactie
Wolvesamongus

Fuse blowing and bulb holder

Bericht door Wolvesamongus »

The number 7 fuse drivers side fuse box on my ex Dutch 508d NATO Ambulance keeps blowing as soon as I make contact on the ignition, I did a translate from my Dutch manual it came up Handbrake (loszet controle mechanism) piston stroke-wear indicator light remove ringer, seat heater.
I have no seat heater so can't be that, I don't understand the other points can someone help please?
Also one of the bulb holders at the back of the speedometer is missing for some reason are they available from Mercedes ?
DVIII

Re: Fuse blowing and bulb holder

Bericht door DVIII »

that fuse feeds the wire to the microswitch on the handbrake lever , if thats somewhere touching the ground , ( check the exhaust manifold and that area) the plus connects straight to the ground , technically a short circuit ! , also the line back in the cable boom can make trouble likewise . looking in the engine hood ( around the front) up in the righthand corner , there is a series of multi connectors ( next to the wipermotor) , if there is a problem then it could be there also. check furthermore the grommets leading the cableboom inside the cab.
eliminating pieces of the circuit brings eventually the culprit at surface have fun !
Oh lord won't you buy me...... en de toekomst mag wel wat moderner !
DVIII

Bericht door DVIII »

and a bulb holder , the bajonet type , i can drop one on the mail , taking van's to bits has it's profitside on odd parts
GerardM
Contacteer:

Bericht door GerardM »

That's an interesting problem, since according to the Dutch manual, fuse 7 is not connected to anything.
These two fuse boxes are all arming the vehicle stuff, like lights, horn, swiper etc. The fuses for the ambulance part are in the middle of the dashboard, under the levers for heating.

Next to what Dave suggests, you could also not replace the fuse, put the key on contact and start checking what doesn't work anymore.

Good luck,

GERARD
Afbeelding Afbeelding Afbeelding

Mercedes-Benz 508D NL Ex-Ambu 1987 +++ Mercedes-Benz 280TE 1981 +++ Qualität ist kein Zufall +++
Wolvesamongus

Many-many thanks I'd be lost without you guys no one here in the UK has knowledge of these busses and with no workshop manual I am lost, again many thanks, I will take a photo of the said bulb holder and get my son to show me how to post I'm not good at the computer lol.

Kind Regards------kim
Wolvesamongus

Thanks Gerard, I have a Dutch manual that came with the bus and it says the fuse does what was translated and written here by me, there is a picture of the fuse box in the manual and it's the one I'm talking about.

Regards------kim
GerardM
Contacteer:

Bericht door GerardM »

That apparently is not the correct manual for this bus, since all the luxury that is described is not present. And I don't miss it either :-).

There is good Dutch army documentation available for these buses; with lots of pictures. If you are interested let me know.

Cheers,

Gerard

Mercedes-Benz 508D NL Ex-Ambu 1987 +++ Mercedes-Benz 280TE 1981 +++ Qualität ist kein Zufall +++
Wolvesamongus

Dave I have not had time to look for the fault today I replaced the Fanbelt it took me 45 minutes with the rad in situ no problems, can you tell me what the micro switch you talk of is for please? I have no dash lamp for the handbrake.
Gerard I did as you recommended everything is working OK, all the military stuff has been removed could be that a wire left in is shorting out but you say the military stuff is not fused on the box I'm talking about, guess I will just leave the fuse out depending on what the micro switch that Dave is talking about is for and is indeed that fuse.
As for your kind offer of information on these Busses it would be much appreciated, shall I pm you with my address? any postage cost I would pay for.

Kind Regards-----kim
GerardM
Contacteer:

Bericht door GerardM »

Sure Kim, send me a pm with your postal address and I will send you the docs on a cd/dvd. Again, it is all in Dutch.

DVIII

Bericht door DVIII »

sending data by mail , why not carrier pigeon LOL
Laatst gewijzigd door DVIII op 31 aug 2014, 09:07, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Wolvesamongus

I don't have a pigeon if I did that would be my preferred method lol.

Regards-----kim
De Rooie Reus

Bericht door De Rooie Reus »

WeTransfer.com is the new pigeon.
In de toekomst zullen we nog vaak aan vroeger denken.
GerardM
Contacteer:

Bericht door GerardM »

Yes, true there are faster ways these days. Like our buses don't have much electronics, we use older and proven technology. Therefore I will spend now some time putting all the docs on a DVD, then find a suitable envelope, go to the post office tomorrow and send it. Meanwhile Kim is watching the postman every day until his package arrives :-).

Cheers,

Gerard

Wolvesamongus

DVIII schreef:and a bulb holder , the bajonet type , i can drop one on the mail , taking van's to bits has it's profitside on odd parts
Hi David, pm you this is the holder I need.
Afbeelding
DVIII

Bericht door DVIII »

yes , there such a lovely design , it grabs on the inside on a pc board , and connects by it's claws , very tricky to open up , but you shouldnt anyway
Plaats reactie